Hey there bumblebees,
the ther day I had a big craving on a rich and nice raspberry mascarpone cake. Good thing was I had some lactosefree mascarpone left at home – don t ask me why, I sometimes have a strange way of groceries shopping – and I made some research. I found I could not find ONE recipe for this kind of cake, so I had to reinvent! First I startet to bake a normal vanilla cake. Even if it yound like a long instruction and kinda difficult – it is very easy, I only try to describe every step with a lot of details, so even beginners can bake it!
Raspberry mascarpone cake
Ingredients for the dough:
- 160 grams of white spelt flour
- 160 grams of dextrose
- 4 eggs
- some vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
What you need for the mascarpone cream:
- 400 grams of lactosefree mascarpone
- 200 grams of lactosefree heavy cream
- about 50grams of dextrose (try how much sweetness you need)
- 100grams of fresh raspberries
What else you need:
- a big dash of lemon juice
- some water
- about 200 grams of low fructose raspberry jam
- a dash of vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees celsius
- Then mix eggs and dextrose together until it is a bit white and frothes a bit.
- Add the vanilla to the egg mixture
- Mix together flour and baking powder and carefully mix it into the egg mixture bit by bit.
- Pour batter into greased and lined 26cm baking pan
- Bake or 15-20 mins, after pick test is fine
- Let cool. 😉
- While the cake cools down, whip the cream until it forms stiff peaks
- Mix together the vanilla and dextrose and the mascarpone
- Carefully add the whipped cream to the mascarpone and as gently combine with the raspberries. Tipp: Crush the raspberries a bit, so they make the cream a bit pink. 😉
- In a small saucepan add together the raspberry jam, the lemon juice, vanilla and try. Add some water if to sweet.
- Now carefully cut the vanilla cake into two layers. I do this in carefully cutting it in about1/2 cm deep rim all around the cake. Take an ordinary string and wrap it arount the cake. Try to hit the rim. the cross the string on one side and pull on both sides. Voilá!
- Now put one layer back into the pan.
- Drizzle over the layer half of the jam mixture, then half of the mascarpone cream. repeat.
- Let cool for about 3 hours or longer to set.
A little trick: If you want your cake to be perfectly even, there are these bake even strips, that magically make the cake bake flat. You can find an instruction on how to make them yourselves here. I suppose it is something about temperature in the cake, that is more stable. If someone knows, let me know! I´m highly interested!
It sound a bit difficult, but it isn´t! 🙂 Let me know, if you tried to bake it, how it turned out!
Love you loads bumblebees, yours Anna Valeria