Hey there bumblebees,
in Europe summer finally arrived . We had high temperatures all week long. So to cool down a little, we love some ice. Here I have a low fructose, lactosefree granita as an alternative. This recipe is not completely fructosefree, but both papaya and grapefruit contain fructose. The dextrose though does the math. So here is the recipe.
- One papaya
- One grapefruit
- 40 gr dextrose
- 100 ml unsweetened rice coconut milk or any other unsweetened vegan milk
- 4 mint leaves (optional)
- Peel and deseed the papaya and cut into 1inch pieces
- peel the grapefruit and cut out the flesh. You need the flesh without the white peel.
- Throw the fruit, mint, milk and dextrose into the mixer. I don’t have a mixer and use a hand blender. Blend until smooth.
- Fill the mousse into plastic boxes and place into the freezer
- After 1 hour mix and crush together with a fork. Repeat that every hour for about 4 times.
- Enjoy and keep cool! 😉
Let me know, how you like it!!
Love, Anna Valeria