Hey there bumblebees,
if you follow me on instagram you are awesome AND you now, that I´m eating a lot of oats currently. I really like a lot about them and I never have a bloated stomach afterwards. But oats have mor beneficial aspects for you. So here are four reasons why oats are good for you AND a recipe:
1. Keeps you full for hours and hours
I normally have my breakfast around 9:00 in the morning. So it may take four hours til I get lunch. Normally your stomach is empty after two hours. Which is fine, if you are one of those skinny girls, who live from air and love. I am not! I need t eat and I hate to starve!
2. It cleans out you digestive system
I talked about oats with Elena from whohatesbambi the other day. She told me about oats cleaning out the gaps between your villi (they are in your gut!). And honestly? I have no clue, but I feel so vitalized since I eat those oats.
3. You just need a bit
100 grams of raw oat contain about 360 kilocalories, but really? I am so full after only 50 grams. So actually in the end with berries, milk, honey and applesaucemy breakfast only adds up to about 370 cals. This is about 24% of the whole day for a whole meal! TAKE MY MONEY!
4. It contains loads of fibers
We all know: fibers are good for you! They are like lubricant for your digestive system. So “eat the food!” just to quote Napoleon Dynamite ! 😉 By the way a fantastic and hilarious movie!
So, here is my Recipe for good breakfast oats:
- 50 grams of porridge oats
- 100 ml of milk
- 1 big spoon of honey (rice syrup to make it fructosefree)
- a bit of cinnamon
- Put the indegedients in a small pot
- Cook it on the stove with medium heat until it reaches slimy consistency
- I sometimes add applesauce, blueberries or some blackberries for the taste and sometimes I cook the berries with the oats, so the oats turn pink! 🙂
- GLUTENFREE -> I you suffer from celiac desease try out amaranth or quinoa instead of oats!
- Enjoy! 😉
If you tried it out post pictures with #oatsaregoodforyou