Hey there bumblebees,
I am constantly searching for great recipes to change to make them healthier and of course fructosefree (and in favour of my man also lactosefree). On a cute blog called eat yourself skinny I found this recipe, which I instantly fell for by only reading. And as you know, adaption is my game, so I started by changing the yield down to 12 (biiiig mistake…ate 6 of them right as they came out of the oven…ooops). So here is my version of these creamy lovelies…and have I told you these are only about 125 calories per cupcake?!
Recipe: Zucchini chocolate cupcakes with avocado frosting (fructose free and lactosefree)
Yield: 12 cupcakes
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (half of a smaller one)
- 1 eggs + 1 eggwhite
- 1/2 cup sukrin gold or othe zero calorie
- 1/8 cup rice syrup (or maple syrup)
- 3/8 cups plain lactosefree yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla (I use powder)
- 1 cups spelt flour (or quinoa or buckwheat or…as I did it…mix them)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
For the Frosting:
- 2 hass avocados, mashed
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup rice syrup
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C. (325 degrees F.)
- Shred 1 cup of zucchini and put it in a large bowl,add egg and eggwhite, sukrin gold, rice syrup, yogurt and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin cups, about 1/2 to 3/4th full, and bake for about 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Set aside and allow to cook completely before adding the frosting. Meanwhile make the frosting.
- Avocado Frosting: Mix together the mashed avocados, cocoa powder, rice syrup and vanilla until smooth. If you have one, use a food processor. I used a fork and had some green bits in my frosting, which is okay, but you know…Put the frosting in the fridge until cupcakes are cool and frosting is stiff.
- Pipe the frosting on the cupcakes and cool all cupcakes, you can resist to eat now!
Note: I put to much dough into my muffin cups and I added to much baking powder by accident. So my cupcakes became muffins. Also I´d use a mixer or food processor for the frosting the next time. I used the fork and ended up with a few green spots in the frosting. No big drama, but just so you know. I added littlepieces of fructosefree chocolate to the center, as they were melted…nice little surprise! 😉
Let me know, how your cupcakes turn out!
Loads of love, Anna Valeria