Hey there bumblebees,
I found this wonderful cookbook a few month ago, while sitting in one of my favourite cafés in munich called AROMA Kaffeebar – very recommended. And since I have bought this diamond of a cookbook I have loved it. The recipes are easy but special. It is filled with wonderful healthy recipes and substitutes a lot of “bad” ingredients with healthy ones. I still have to change some thins as i can not eat dates or agave nectar for example, but that is not a big problem as you know. My absolute favourite from this book are these soft and lovely sea salt chocolate chip cookies. I changed the recipe a bit to make it fructosefriendly and want to share it with you.
Recipe: Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies | low fructose, lactosefree
Makes 12-13 cookies
- 3 tblsp coconutoil, melted
- 20 g erythrit or dextrose
- 2-3 pinches of seasalt
- 1/8 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp rum or rose water
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 50 g spelt flour
- 20 g buckwheat flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3 tblsp chopped dark, fructosefree, lactosefree chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F and line baking tray with non stick parchment paper.
- Melt coconutoil and let it cool a few minutes.
- Mix oil with erythrit or sugar of your choice, 2-3 pinches of sea salt, vanilla, rum or rose water and maple syrup with a whisk until all comes together.
- Whisk in the egg until incorporated. You should test the temperature, because if it still to hot from the oil the egg might cook.
- Mix flours and baking powder in seperate bowl and carefully mix with oil-mixture until lumpfree and incorporated. Mix in chocolate chips or chopped chocolate.
- With a wet teaspoon form 12-13 cookies and set on the lined baking tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and watch carefully. The cookies should be light golden brown.
- Take tray out of the oven and pull the baking sheet from tray and let them cool for at least 5 mins…or don´t 😉 Enjoy!!
Let me know, what you think! I love them loads! <3
Big hug, Anna Valeria